Can deteriorate be used as a verb?
verb (used with or without object), de·te·ri·o·rat·ed, de·te·ri·o·rat·ing. to make or become worse or inferior in character, quality, value, etc.
What does Deteriated mean?
: to make or become worse or of less value Their relationship deteriorated. deteriorate. intransitive verb. de·te·ri·o·rate | \ di-ˈtir-ē-ə-ˌrāt \
What can deteriorate?
When something gets worse due to neglect or an unfortunate health problem, stuff starts to deteriorate — or fall apart. The word deteriorate describes anytime something gets worse. Due to neglect, a relationship can deteriorate but so can the American highway system.
Is deteriorating a adjective?
Included below are past participle and present participle forms for the verb deteriorate which may be used as adjectives within certain contexts. Causing deterioration.
What is the noun form of deteriorate?
deterioration. The process of making or growing worse, or the state of having grown worse.
How do you use deteriorate in a sentence?
Deteriorate in a Sentence 🔉
- Since Jan stopped attending piano practice, her playing skill has started to deteriorate.
- Because Pam drank in excess for many years, her liver started to deteriorate when she reached the age of fifty.
- The value of your car begins to deteriorate as soon as you drive the vehicle off the lot.
How do you use the word deteriorate in a sentence?
- Leather can deteriorate in damp conditions.
- His health began to deteriorate quite seriously.
- Food is apt to deteriorate in summer.
- We could see his health deteriorate week by week.
- His hearing began to deteriorate.
- There are fears that the situation might deteriorate into full-scale war.
What type of word is deterioration?
The process of growing worse, or the state of having grown worse.
Is deterioration countable or uncountable?
The noun deterioration can be countable or uncountable. In more general, commonly used, contexts, the plural form will also be deterioration. However, in more specific contexts, the plural form can also be deteriorations e.g. in reference to various types of deteriorations or a collection of deteriorations.
What is another word for deteriorate?
Synonyms for DETERIORATED: decaying, deteriorating, rackety, ramshackle, rattletrap, rickety, tumbledown, abandoned, unkept, desolate
What is another word for deteriorating?
synonyms for deteriorating. Compare Synonyms. powdery. soft. breakable. corroded. crisp. crunchy. decayed.
What does deteriorating mean?
To diminish or impair in quality, character, or value: Time and neglect had deteriorated the property. 1. To grow worse; degenerate: The weather deteriorated overnight. 2. To weaken or disintegrate; decay: The nation’s highways are deteriorating at a rapid pace.