How do I add an icon to the navigation bar in WordPress?
Find the right menu and add an icon To add WordPress menu icons, select any of the menu items you already have created. Locate the Icon: Select link. Click on that to navigate to the section to add an icon to that particular menu item.
How do I change menu icons in WordPress?
Upon activation, you need to visit Appearance » Menus page. From here, you can click on any menu item in the in the right column to expand it. You’ll see the ‘Menu image’ and ‘Image on hover’ buttons in settings for each item. Using these buttons, you can select or upload the menu image icon you want to use.
How do I add an image to a menu in WordPress?
- Upload menu-image to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to /wp-admin/nav-menus.php.
- Edit exist menu item or add new menu item and just upload image than click Save Menu.
- See your menu on site.
How do I add an image with navigation Menus in WordPress without Plugin?
Go to Admin Dashboard and move to Media option on the left menu and click on Add New. Select all the icon images and upload them. After uploading, open a notepad file and paste the URLs of each icon and you can name them so that you can remember which URL is for which icon.
How do I add icons to WordPress categories?
Assigning Icons Simply navigate to the taxonomy screen in the WordPress admin (e.g. Posts > Categories), and you’ll see the drop down selector under the heading “Taxonomy Icon”. When you select a new icon, a preview of that icon will appear to the side of the dropdown.
How do I add a menu to the admin dashboard in WordPress?
The easiest way to add a menu item to the administration panel is with the add_menu_page() function which takes seven arguments:
- text that is displayed in the title of the page.
- the text of the menu item which is used in displaying the menu item.
- the capability that you define to allow access to this menu item.
How do I add an image to my WordPress icon?
Method 1: Uploading Custom Icons This method is fairly straightforward and is the exact same as uploading media to your WordPress site. You’ll first want to click on the ‘Add or Upload Icon’ button in the ‘Image Icon’ section. Next, click on the ‘Upload Files’ tab and click the ‘Select Files’ button.
How do I add font awesome icon to WordPress menu?
How to Add Font Awesome Icons to WordPress Menus
- Step 1: Install Font Awesome 4 Menus Plugin.
- Step 2: Show CSS Classes Options on Menu Screen.
- Step 3: Enter the CSS Class for the Menu Icon.
- 21 responses to “How to Add Font Awesome Icons to WordPress Menus”
How do I add a custom icon to WordPress?
In the WordPress dashboard go to:
- Elementor > Custom Icons.
- Click Add New.
- Drag & Drop your font zip file.
- Enter your icon set name.
- Click Update.
- You will now find your new custom icons under the ‘Custom Icons’ area, where you’ll see your icon set name, icons number indicator and your unique CSS Prefix for each icon set.
How do I get Microsoft icons?
Insert icons in Microsoft Office
- Select Insert > Icons.
- Scroll through the icons or jump to a category by choosing a name in the navigation pane at the left. You can also search by using the box near the top left corner.
- Choose an icon and then select Insert at the lower right.
- Rotate, color, and resize your icon.
How to add icons to navigation menu in WordPress?
Adding icons to the navigation menu can easily be done by adding some code to your WordPress website. This may sound overwhelming at first but trust us this is easy to do and does not require a lot of technical expertise. Before you start, you first need to decide which icons you are going to add.
How to select the icon for a menu item?
Select the required menu list item and click the select icon. Once you click the select icon link, a new window will popup asking you for choosing the icon for the menu you selected. The new window contains a lot of icons from a different source. The source is Dash icon, Elusive, Font Awesome, Genericons, Image.
What is the purpose of navigation menus?
Navigation menus are important to help the user find the information that he or she seeks. Use of colors, highlights and mouse-over effects will facilitate detection of the items that are being searched.
How to use icons to enhance your website design?
The use of icons beside menu items is a fantastic alternative that favors a quick visual option identification; and even the use of icons without text to accompany is viable. Icons being part of the overall design can also serve a highlighters, instead of just using text. An important current technique is the use of web font icons.