How do I reduce the number of pages in Word?
In the Quick Access toolbar at the top of the Word window, click Customize Quick Access Toolbar (the small down arrow) and choose More Commands. Under Choose commands from, click All Commands. Scroll down through the list of commands until you find Shrink One Page.
Why can I not delete a page in Word?
If your blank page is in the middle of the document, it may be due to a manual page break. With paragraph marks turned on, you will be able to see the page break. Select it and delete it. Next Page, Odd Page, and Even Page section breaks may create a new page in Word.
Can’t delete a blank page in Word?
Go to the VIEW tab, select Navigation Pane in the Show section, select the blank page thumbnail in the left panel, and press your delete key until it is removed. Check your sections: Go to the PAGE LAYOUT tab, click the Margins button, and select Custom Margins. Click the Layout tab.
How do I fix page breaks in Word?
Remove a page break from a Word document
- On the Home tab, in the Paragraph group, click Show/Hide to show all formatting marks including page breaks.
- Double-click the page break to select it, then press Delete.
- Click Show/Hide again to hide the remaining formatting marks in the document.
How do I remove a section break next page in Word?
Delete a section break
- If not showing, select Home > Show/Hide. to show section breaks. Section breaks look like this: Note: The type of section break shown above is a Continuous section break; there are other types of section breaks.
- Place your cursor just before the section break and press Delete.
How do I start numbering on page 4 in Word?
Custom Page Numbers in Word Double click the header or footer where the numbers are, then click “Page Number” and “Format Page Numbers.” Click the “Start at” drop-down and choose the number you want to start numbering. Repeat this for each section where you wan to customize the numbering.
How do I number pages in Word without a cover page?
In the Header & Footer section of the Insert tab, click Page Number and select Format Page Numbers from the drop-down menu. On the Page Number Format dialog box, select Start at in the Page numbering section. Enter 0 in the edit box and click OK. This allows the second page of your document to be labeled as page one.