How do you decorate a small downstairs toilet?
Fabulous Downstairs Toilet Ideas (for the ultimate cloakroom)
- Enhance your space with mirror magic.
- Use space saving fittings such as combination and corner units.
- Add impact with colour and wallpaper.
- Stay tidy and organised with vanity units, and wall cabinets.
- Stamp your own style on your downstairs toilet.
What Colour is best for a small downstairs toilet?
As it’s normally a small room, and often without a window or with a very small window, a lot of people think painting it white is the best idea. But, with small rooms that are dark anyway, there’s no point trying to make it look bigger by painting it white, because it’s just going to look dull and cold.
How do you make a cloakroom?
So, without further ado, here are our tips for designing the perfect cloakroom bathroom.
- Compact Furniture.
- Short Projection Toilets.
- Multi-purpose Products.
- Use the corners.
- Space-saving radiators.
- Use the correct door.
- Create the illusion of space.
How do you make a cloakroom look bigger?
With a few alternations or remodels, you can create the illusion of a larger bathroom, all without moving a single wall.
- Install a Larger Mirror.
- Increase Natural Light.
- Replace the Bathroom Vanity Cabinet.
- Go Easy on the Decorations.
- Decrease Color Contrasts and Dividing Lines.
- Add a Clear Glass Frameless Shower Enclosure.
Does a downstairs toilet need a window?
Drainage and Ventilation Building regulations state any bathroom must have a window, ventilation, or both. It’s also important that the new waste for the toilet is connected to your waste pipe, so the new WC needs to be located near outdoor drainage.
Does adding a downstairs toilet add value?
How much value does a downstairs toilet add? You can add an extra 5% to your home value by adding a downstairs toilet extension. Even a cloakroom sized toilet in your home on the downstairs level will certainly make your home more appealing to buyers and add extra value when it comes to selling.
What do you put on cloakroom walls?
13 Clever Ways to Decorate Your Bathroom Walls
- Set the tone with wallpaper.
- Fake the “wallpaper” look.
- Go for a beachy theme.
- Make an art gallery.
- Find bathroom-friendly art options.
- Go for paint that pops.
- Have some fun with mirrors.
- Map it out.
How do you dress up a toilet?
From: Chango and Co.
- Extra Storage. Simple wood shelves add ample storage for toilet paper, towels and bathroom essentials.
- Wooden Ladder. A wood ladder adds instant charm above the toilet, offering a place to hang a hand towel and a basket to store other bathroom necessities.
- Animal Wall Decor.
- Practical Storage.
How do you hang pictures on a toilet?
- Choose pieces as wide as the toilet tank to create balance between the two.
- A tall vertical piece or a combination of pieces hung in a column will help fill the space.
- Leave enough space between the back of the toilet and your art to display some accessories such as: tissues box, folded towels, a basket etc.