How do you fix a required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing occurred in Windows 7 install?
Fix: ‘A Required CD/DVD Drive Device Driver is Missing’ Error Message When Installing Windows 7 from a USB
- What causes the “A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing” error message?
- Solution 1: Unplug the USB drive and plug it back in.
- Solution 2: Unplug the USB drive and plug it into a different USB port.
Why does my computer say no driver found?
This error is quite specific as it occurs when users are either trying to reinstall their current operating system or when they are installing a new one using a DVD or USB installation storage device.
How do I fix a missing driver in Windows 10?
Missing drivers after Windows 10 update
- a) Press Windows +X keys on the keyboard.
- b) Select Device Manager.
- d) Right-click the driver and click Update driver software.
- Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices.
How do I repair my missing DVD drive Windows 10?
Boot to the Windows 10 desktop, then launch Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and clicking Device Manager. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the optical drive listed, then click Uninstall. Exit Device Manager then restart your computer. Windows 10 will detect the drive then reinstall it.
What happens if a driver is not installed?
What happens if a driver is not installed? If the appropriate driver is not installed, the device may not function properly, if at all. With some devices, the device may work, but all of its features may not work. If updated drivers are available, those drivers need to be installed to replace the existing driver code.
How do I install ASUS drivers on Windows 10?
- Enter the product’s model name.
- Select [Driverools] -> Select your Operating System. Note：The OS supported by Motherboard is different.
- Select the suitable driver from the options.
- Unzip the file after download and open the folder , double click on “ASUS Setup” or “Setup” to install.
How to fix “a required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing” error?
To solve the “a required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing” error, you can try changing the BIOS settings for USB 3.0 support during startup to AUTO or Disable. Step 1: Disconnect the Windows 7 installation USB and then restart the computer. When the manufacturer’s logo appears, you will be noted how to enter BIOS or Setup.
Why does Windows 10 say a CD driver is missing?
“ A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now.” You receive the error mainly because the USB drive is not recognized by Windows Preinstallation Environment (WinPE).
How to fix USB driver is missing in Windows 10?
1 Solution 1: Check the USB Connection. When you see a required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing error, you can try fixing it simply by unplugging the USB drive and 2 Solution 2: Change the USB Settings in BIOS. 3 Solution 3: Disable AHCI Mode. 4 Solution 4: Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.
Why is my CD/DVD drive not compatible with AHCI drivers?
Your CD/DVD drive may be incompatible with the Microsoft AHCI driver (msahci.sys) Note: If your CD/DVD or other drive is not displayed in Windows Explorer view, see the following article: If your installing Windows to an older PC, the CD/DVD drive may not be compatible with Windows 7 and Windows Vista, the CD/DVD drive may need to be replaced.