How do you make turkeys out of pine cones?
Directions for Pine Cone Turkey Craft
- Use the hot glue gun to create 5 loops of ribbon.
- Slide the feathers into the pine cone, then secure them in place with hot glue.
- Next, attach 2 wiggly eyes to the brown pom pom.
- Place the entire turkey head onto the pine cone with hot glue.
What is the purpose of a turkey’s wattle?
Why have a wattle? Wattles are an adaptive feature that come in handy in several ways. On a hot day, with the sun bearing down, the bare skin of neck and wattle helps release excess heat. Birds don’t sweat—they can’t sweat—so the turkey is otherwise trapped in its dense, dark feathers.
How do you make a turkey head out of construction paper?
Here’s what to do:
- Cut a hole the size of a paper towel tube in the center of two paper plates.
- Staple the plates together, front to front.
- Cut the construction paper in a circle with a flat end, for the head.
- Glue on the feathers, covering the paper plate, like the rays of the sun.
- Glue on the beak and googly eyes.
How to make a pinecone Turkey?
How to make it: You can choose to color and cut out the shapes from the pine cone turkey template or use the cut shapes as a pattern to cut your pieces from construction paper. Glue eyes and a beak on the head of the turkey and set aside. Apply glue to the bottom of an individual feather and adhere between the pine cone scales.
What can you make with pine cones?
I love crafting with pinecones–because all you have to do is find a good tree and gather a big pile for free!
What is a pine cone?
Pine cones are the reproductive organs of pine trees. The cones are either male or female. Most pine tree species have both sexes of cones on each tree. The male cones produce pollen and the female cones produce ovules.