Is Arris SBG6580 dual band?
The SURFboard SBG6580/SBG6580-2 Wi-Fi Cable Modem is 3 products in one device: DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem, Dual-Band 802.11n Wi-Fi Access Point and 4-port Gigabit Ethernet Router. The Market Leader in modems.
How do I bridge my Arris SBG6580?
Bridge Mode Guide | SBG6580
- Unplug Coax Cable from Motorola.
- Reset the Modem with Factory setting.
- Turn Modem back online, Connect Your PC to the modem using hard wire.
- Turn off Wireless Network.
- Disable NAPT Mode.
- Disable DHCP.
- Bridging the MAC address of your router:
Can I use Arris SBG6580 as modem only?
When operating as a gateway, the SBG6580 serves as a modem and a router and keeps the devices in the Local Area Network (LAN) hidden. In certain situations, it may be desired to disable the router function of the SBG6580, and have it operate as a modem only.
Is SBG6580 compatible with Xfinity?
The ARRIS SURFboard SBG6580 is a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem with built-in Wi-Fi. It’s compatible with major U.S. cable internet providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity and others.
How do I update my SURFboard SBG6580?
The SBG6580 does not support manual software upgrades. Any firmware or software changes must be implemented via the cable network. The cable provider can update the firmware based on what they have approved for their network distribution.
How do I enable 5GHZ Wi-Fi on my Arris router?
- On the Login page, enter admin in the Username field and password in the Password field.
- Click the Login button.
- Move the mouse-cursor over Wireless on the main menu and click the 802.11 Radio link on the sub-menu.
- On the 802.11 Radio page, click the 5 GHz option for Band Selection.
- Click the Apply button.
Can I connect router to SBG6580?
In the SBG6580, NAPT mode provides Internet access for multiple devices (up to 245 devices), connecting to the SBG6580 gateway. When NAPT mode is enabled, the SBG6580 serves as a modem and a router and keeps the devices in the Local Area Network (LAN) hidden.
Can I use Arris surfboard as router only?
Yes it can. You would need to turn off the wifi antenna in the combo device so that you have one wireless signal.
How do I get my Arris modem out of bridge mode?
To Disable Bridge Mode Enter http://192.168.100.1 into the address box, and press the Enter key. The Login page will appear. NOTE: A security or private risk alert may appear on the web browser advising users to proceed with caution when accessing the Web Manager.
How do I update the firmware on my surfboard router?
To do this:
- From the Setup page on the router interface, select Status.
- Choose Router Upgrade from the drop-down menu.
- Select Browse and navigate to the file you just downloaded.
- Select Upgrade and confirm.
- The file will be uploaded and installed. Do not switch off the router until the upload is complete.