What do you write in a music magazine?
Top 10 Topics to Pitch to Music Magazines
- Top Music Lists. Billboard magazine is a champion on this one.
- Independent Music.
- Album Reviews.
- Concert Scenes.
- Music Festivals.
- TV Shows.
Where can I submit music articles?
Here are just a few of many that our roster has seen great success with and how you can submit your music for coverage.
- Pigeons and Planes.
- The Line of Best Fit.
- Atwood magazine.
- The Quietus.
How do you write a music article?
8 Tips on How to Write a Music Review
- Listen. Before you start writing a review, listen to the music from start to finish at least twice.
- Research Is Key. Once you’ve listened to the music, do your research.
- Think About Context.
- Consider Different Angles.
- Avoid Bias.
- Be Honest.
- Write Clearly.
- Edit Your Review.
How do you pitch a music article?
How To Pitch A Music Editor
- Make Sure You Have a Fully Formed Idea and Aren’t Just Talking Out of Your Ass.
- Condense Your Piece Down to One Sentence.
- Know the Outlet You’re Pitching.
- Know the Editor You’re Pitching.
- “Pitch” Is Not a Good Subject Line.
- Check to See if It’s Already Been Done.
- Be Timely.
- Pitch Ideas, Not Bands.
How do you pitch a music magazine?
Make Your site and Social Media Press Friendly
- Contact information with an email address.
- Streamed music or link to hear streamed music on a site like Soundcloud or Spotify.
- Links to social media.
- Hi resolution publicity photos.
- Cover Artwork on the single or album.
Is submit hub free?
SubmitHub Pricing SubmitHub has quite an elaborate pricing system involving credits. The pricing structure of SubmitHub goes something like this: Standard credits are free. Premium credits begin at $6 for 5 credits.
What are the best magazines for musicians?
Relix is a magazine with a strong focus on live music. They cover music festivals, interview bands, and review albums and shows. Payment varies. Their list of editors and their contact info is here.
Which publications pay you to write about music?
So, while you’re busy making contacts and crafting cool pitches, here are 10 publications that pay you to write about music. The iconic magazine manages breaking news in music, reviews, and interviews with famous and emerging artists. Rolling Stone reportedly pays more than $1/word.
How much does it cost to write for M Magazine?
Their fee is $50 upon publication. Check out their handy writers guidelines for more information, and their list of editorial contacts for who to email your submission to. M takes an inside look at the music industry, profiling and interviewing artists from a range of genres.
What is international music magazine?
International music magazine is a publishing company that provides artist a worldwide platform to network among themselves and their fans. IMM is designed to give maximum exposure to artist worldwide.