What is the history of computer?
Charles Babbage, an English mechanical engineer and polymath, originated the concept of a programmable computer. Considered the “father of the computer”, he conceptualized and invented the first mechanical computer in the early 19th century.
What is history of computer for kids?
An English inventor named Charles Babbage designed the first computer in the 1830s. It was mechanical, not electronic, because scientists did not yet know how electricity worked. The design called for more than 50,000 moving parts. The machine was designed to follow instructions that people entered using punched cards.
What is the first computer in history?
Eniac Computer The first substantial computer was the giant ENIAC machine by John W. Mauchly and J. Presper Eckert at the University of Pennsylvania. ENIAC (Electrical Numerical Integrator and Calculator) used a word of 10 decimal digits instead of binary ones like previous automated calculators/computers.
What is the history of computer and its generation?
Classification of generations of computers
|Generations of computers||Generations timeline||Evolving hardware|
|First generation||1940s-1950s||Vacuum tube based|
|Second generation||1950s-1960s||Transistor based|
|Third generation||1960s-1970s||Integrated circuit based|
|Fourth generation||1970s-present||Microprocessor based|
What are 5 facts about computers?
Top 10 Facts about Computers
- The first modern computer was massive.
- The first modern computer was basically a giant calculator.
- Computers work through special instructions called algorithms.
- Phones are computers.
- A computers memory is called RAM.
- Over 6,000 computer viruses are released each month.
Who made 1st computer?
Charles BabbageComputer / Inventor
English mathematician and inventor Charles Babbage is credited with having conceived the first automatic digital computer. During the mid-1830s Babbage developed plans for the Analytical Engine.
How do I view the history of my computer?
Open Internet Explorer. It’s a light-blue “e” icon.
Why is it important to know the history of computers?
– https://meetingtomorrow.com/blog/history-of-computers-and – https://www.computerhistory.org/timeline/computers/ – https://www.livescience.com/20718-computer-history.html
Who is famous in the history of computers?
Andromeda,the AI of the starship Andromeda Ascendant in Gene Roddenberry’s Andromeda.
Who are the people behind the history of computer?
– Vacuum Tubes (1950s) – one bit on the size of a thumb; – Transistors (1950s and 1960s) – one bit on the size of a fingernail; – Integrated Circuits (1960s and 70s) – thousands of bits on the size of a hand – Silicon computer chips (1970s and on) – millions of bits on the size of a finger nail.