What is the longest commonly used word in English?
The longest word in any of the major English language dictionaries is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, a word that refers to a lung disease contracted from the inhalation of very fine silica particles, specifically from a volcano; medically, it is the same as silicosis.
What are some common big words?
Big Words for Amazing
- Prodigious — wonderful or marvelous.
- Astonishing — causing astonishment or surprise; amazing.
- Astounding — capable of overwhelming with amazement.
- Phenomenal — highly extraordinary or prodigious; exceptional.
- Breathtaking — exciting, thrilling; very great, astonishing.
What are the 15 longest words in English?
Let’s explore 15 of the longest words or most unique words!
What is a 28 letter word?
Antidisestablishmentarianism, at 28 letters, is the longest non-coined, non-systematic English word in Oxford Dictionaries. It refers to a 19th-century political movement that opposed the disestablishment of the Church of England as the state church of England.
What is a good long word?
10 Longest Words in the English Language
- Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (45 letters)
- Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia (36 letters)
- Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious (34 letters)
- Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism (30 letters)
- Floccinaucinihilipilification (29 letters)
What are some cool long words?
13 Unusually Long English Words
- Pulchritudinous. Definition – physically beautiful.
- Consanguineous. Definition – of the same blood or origin; specifically : descended from the same ancestor.
What is Methionylthreonylthreonylglutaminylarginyl isoleucine?
LONGEST ENGLISH WORD:Methionylthreonylthreonylglutaminylarginyl… isoleucine (189,819 letters) If we’re talking chemistry, the longest chemical name is 189,819 letters long. It is the chemical name for titin, a giant filamentous protein essential to the structure, development, and elasticity of muscle.
What are the 1000 most common words in English?
Words 201-225 high every near add food between own below country plant last school father keep tree never start city earth eye light thought head under story Words 226-250 saw left don’t few while along might close somethin g seem next hard open example begin life always tho se bot h paper together got group often ru n Words 251- 275 im por ta nt unt il children sid e feet car mile nig ht wal k whit e sea began
What are some long words?
Words like “few” and “beauty” also contain the long U sound. Similarly, the long A sound in “bake” and “gate” can also be spelled like “ay” (as in “pay”) or “ai” (as in “paid”), among other variations. To understand this further, let’s look at some more examples of long vowel words.
How to spell long words?
What are some long o words?
Long OO Phonics Words List. Thus,these were some common examples of long ‘oo’ phonic words. It will take time for kids to get familiar with them.