What is VMware client drive redirection?
VMware Pages With the client drive redirection feature, you can share folders and drives on the local client system with remote desktops and published applications. Shared drives can include mapped drives and USB storage devices.
How do I stop client drive redirection?
You can disable client drive redirection by configuring a group policy setting for your remote desktops on your Active Directory server. The group policy setting overrides the local registry and Smart Policies settings that enable the client drive redirection feature.
How do I map a local drive in VMware horizon view client?
Select VMware Horizon Client > Preferences from the menu bar and click Sharing. Configure the client drive redirection settings. Click the plus (+) button, browse to and select the folder or drive to share, and click Add.
What is the latest version of VMware Horizon client?
VMware Horizon Client
|Stable release||5.0 (Series)/ 5.3 / December 12, 2019|
|Operating system||Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, Android, Chrome OS|
|Available in||English, German, French, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Spanish|
|Type||Desktop virtualization, Thin client|
How do I enable drive redirection?
Select the “Remote Desktop Connection” icon.
- Try it: Select Search > Remote Desktop Connection,
- Click on the “Local Resources” tab.
- Expand the “Drives” option and select the Drive to be mapped to the Virtual Desktop and click “OK”.
- Return to the “General” tab and click on “Save” and “Connect”.
What is a redirected drive?
Folder Redirection enables users and administrators to redirect the path of a known folder to a new location, manually or by using Group Policy. The new location can be a folder on the local computer or a directory on a file share.
How do I disable specific client drive mappings?
How to Disable Specific Client Drive Mappings
- Open the Module.
- Add the following entry to the end of the [ClientDrive] section: DisableDrives =A,D,F.
- Save the changes and exit the text editor.
- This entry prevents the client side drive letters A, D, and F from being mapped.
How do I map a local drive in VMware workstation?
- Start Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to My Computer or Computer.
- Run the command to map a network drive. Option. Description. Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10. Click Map Network Drive.
- Select a drive to map.
- In the Folder field, type \\vmware-host\Shared Folders\ .
- Click Finish.
How do I check horizon client version?
Check the version of VMware Horizon Client installed
- Open Horizon Client.
- Click on the button bellow X on the top right corner as shown in the Image below.
- Click on ‘About VMware Horizon Client’
- You should now be able to see the version of the client.
Is VMware Horizon client open source?
VMware has open sourced its View Client software which enables connections from Linux clients to remote Windows desktops managed by VMware View. VMware would like to see their partners developing the client for non-x86 devices using operating systems other than Windows XP or Linux.
What is the difference between USB redirection and client drive mapping?
The main differences are: If both generic USB redirection and the client drive mapping policies are enabled and a mass storage device is inserted either before or after a session starts, it is redirected using client drive mapping.
How do I demo the client drive redirection in Horizon?
In this quick walkthrough we’re going to demo the Client Drive Redirection feature in Horizon by completing the following steps: Create a folder on your device called LocalMachineCorporateFiles. Place a new Microsoft Word Document in this folder called WorkFile.docx with suggested text.
How to enable/disable drive redirection for remote desktop session?
· Navigate Local Computer Policy -> Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Remote Desktop Services -> Remote Desktop Session Host -> Device and Resource Redirection · Select “Do not allow drive redirection” and enable it.
How do I redirect a local directory to a VDI session?
Inside the word document, type “I need to be able to redirect a local directory to my VDI session so I can keep working effectively whether I am on my local machine or virtual.” Save the file and close Word. Click on VMware Horizon Client in the toolbar, and select “Preferences” from the dropdown menu.