Who is the famous philosopher?
1. Aristotle. The list of the greatest philosophers is incomplete without Aristotle. He was a Greek Philosophers and the founder of the Lyceum and the Peripatetic school of philosophy and Aristotelian tradition.
What is a philosophical essay?
What is a philosophy paper? Philosophical essays prove some point through the use of rational argument. A philosophical essay is not about flowery language, story-telling techniques, or surprising the reader.
Why philosophy is important to a teacher?
By learning philosophy, a teacher would be able to view and analyze from the perspective of their students. Apart from understanding why students are behaving in a particular way, teachers would also be able to know how students perceive their actions. Just as if it helps students, it helps them as well.
Who is a modern day philosopher?
10 Contemporary Philosophers to Read Today
- Martha Nussbaum (b. 1947)
- Cornel West (b. 1952)
- Slavoj Žižek (b. 1949)
- Gayatri Spivak (b. 1942)
- Judith Butler (b. 1956)
- Gu Su (b. 1955)
- Thomas Nagel (b. 1937)
- John McDowell (b. 1942)
Who are the major philosophers?
- Saint Thomas Aquinas (1225–1274)
- Aristotle (384–322 BCE)
- Confucius (551–479 BCE)
- René Descartes (1596–1650)
- Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 82)
- Michel Foucault (1926-1984)
- David Hume (1711–77)
- Immanuel Kant (1724–1804)
How do you use philosophy?
General Uses of Philosophy
- General Problem Solving. The study of philosophy enhances, in a way no other activity does, one’s problem-solving capacities.
- Communication Skills. Philosophy also contributes uniquely to the development of expressive and communicative powers.
- Persuasive Powers.
- Writing Skills.
Who is the father of Western philosophy?
Socrates of Athens