How can I get help paying my bills in Texas?
From a landline, call toll free at 1-877-399-8939 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. The toll free number will directly connect you with the CEAP service provider in your county. Or, visit Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs and select “Utility Bill Payment Help.”
What is the LITE-UP Texas program?
Low-income electric customers in areas of Texas where there is retail competition are eligible for LITE-UP Texas, a discount on electric bills from May through August. Persons interested in LITE-UP Texas can call 1-866-454-8387 and request an application or print an application from the program website.
How do I apply for emergency assistance in Texas?
Register for Help
- Online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov.
- Call 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. ET, 7 days a week at 1-800-621-3362 (also for 711 & VRS). People with speech or hearing impairment may call toll free TTY 1-800-462-7585. For those who use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS), call 1-800-621-3362.
How do you qualify for Lite-Up Texas?
For more information on the guidelines to apply for LITE-UP, dial 1-866-454-8387. Texas will require proof of address, household income, and other supporting documentation as well. For example, the name and address on the electric bill submitted needs to match the applicants name and address.
How much is Lifeline discount?
Lifeline provides up to a $9.25 monthly discount on service for eligible low-income subscribers and up to $34.25 per month for those on Tribal lands. Subscribers may receive a Lifeline discount on either a wireline or a wireless service, but they may not receive a discount on both services at the same time.
Who can help me with my bills?
If you need help paying your utility bills, contact one of these organizations.
- Anaheim Public Utilities.
- Burbank Water and Power.
- City of Palo Alto Utilities.
- Consumer energy center (for rebates, grants, and loans)
- Department of Community Services and Development.
- Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP)
What to do when you cant pay bills?
Contact your lenders, loan servicers, and other creditors. If you can’t make a payment now, need more time, or want to discuss payment options, contact your lenders to explain your situation, and check their websites to see if they have information that can help you.
How do I get help paying my utility bills in Houston?
If someone needs utility help, the Houston resident must have a cutoff notice for utility bill assistance. Grants and cash provided for utility bills are limited to 1 month, with a maximum of $100. In addition, note that clients are limited to receive assistance just one time per year.
What is the Weatherization Assistance Program in Texas?
Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) The Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP), which was created primarily to help low income persons is designed to promote energy efficiency and savings in the residences of low income Texans. This assistance program provides for energy-related enhancements and improvements to homes.
Are there any utility assistance programs for low-come customers in Houston?
2. Reliant Energy Utility Assistance Program Reliant Energy is one of the largest energy providers in the area and offers many utility assistance options for low-come customers in Houston. Below are a few of these options. The CARES Program assists low-income Reliant Energy customers by providing utility assistance to pay their bills.
How can I get help with paying my water bill?
Get assistance with paying water bills from the City of Houston program known as Water Aid To Elderly Residents (W.A.T.E.R.)Fund. This is provided as a result of government grants and from the companies themselves.