How do I use the keyboard on my Sony VAIO laptop?
How to use VAIO numerical keyboard? Press NumLock and input numbers by using keys, such as J, K, and other keys (Printed with numbers or +, -, /, and *). When NumLock is on, if you want to input letters by keyboard, please press J, K, and other keys while pressing Fn simultaneously.
What do the lights on my Sony VAIO mean?
Depending on what model is it those lights are actually indicator for your HDD activity, power or charging and standby. Most of the time the HDD light should be on or flashing telling you it’s doing something. The power light should be on all the time and same goes when it’s connected to it’s AC adapter.
Is Sony VAIO outdated?
Sony reforms its PC business On 6 February 2014, Sony made an announcement regarding the reform of its PC business. Though we are discontinuing the sale of PCs, we will continue to offer after-sales support for all Sony-branded VAIO® PCs in accordance with local laws, regulations and warranty policies.
How do I activate the Fn key on my Sony Vaio?
Press and hold down the Fn key and another key simultaneously to perform a keyboard shortcut action.
- For example, to turn off the sound: Fn+F2 → Press and hold down the Fn key, then press the F2 key.
- To decrease the volume, press the Fn+F3 keys.
- To increase the volume, press the Fn+F4 keys.
How do I enable function keys on my Sony Vaio laptop?
Press the ENTER key or allow the Fn display to close automatically to save the setting.
- Click the Start button, then click Run.
- In the Run window, next to Open, type MSCONFIG.
- Press the ENTER key.
- In the System Configuration Utility window, click the Services tab.
What are the different lights on a laptop?
Left light in on when PC is on and off when PC is off = Just that, indicates if computer is on or off. Middle light continually flashes, even when PC is shutdown = battery charge level is low. Charge it. Right light flickers = hard drive or optical drive are doing their job which is moving data.
What are the lights on laptop?
The status indicators help identify the current hardware status of your Notebook PC.
- Power indicator. The power indicator lights up when the Notebook PC is turned on and blinks slowly when the Notebook PC is in sleep mode.
- Two-color bettery charge indicator.
- Hard disk access indicator.
- Bluetooth/wireless network indicator.
How do I fix my Sony VAIO keyboard?
Try holding down the Fn key and press the F1 key to see if the touchpad and touchpad buttons are re-enabled.
- Start the computer in Safe Mode and confirm if the keyboard and touchpad are functional.
- Confirm that the touchpad is enabled in both the VAIO Control Center and the Device Manager.
How do I change the keyboard on my Sony VAIO laptop?
To change these settings, please proceed as follows:
- Click Start and select Control Panel.
- Click Classic View on the top left.
- Click Regional and Language Options (see figure 1).
- Click on the Keyboard and Languages tab.
- Click the Change Keyboards…
- This dialog lists all installed keyboard layouts (see figure 3).