How do you attempt Writing Task 1?
Academic Writing Task 1 Strategy
- Understand how the test is marked. Being aware of the marking criteria will allow you to give the examiner exactly what they need.
- Paraphrase the question. It is best to paraphrase the question in the first paragraph.
- Write the overview.
- Support the main features.
- Check your work.
What is a thesis introduction?
The introduction is the first chapter of your thesis or dissertation and appears right after the table of contents. It’s essential to draw the reader in with a strong beginning. Set the stage for your research with a clear focus, purpose and direction.
How important is the introduction of a thesis study?
The introduction provides the rationale for your dissertation, thesis or other research project: what you are trying to answer and why it is important to do this research. The introduction should also indicate how your piece of research will contribute to the theoretical understanding of the topic.
How long should my introduction be?
about three to five sentences
How do I improve my writing task 2?
- pay attention to ALL issues in the essay question.
- write about the issues rather than just the general topic.
- answer the essay question with relevant main points.
- plan your supporting points so they don’t go off the topic.
- write over 250 words.
How do you prepare writing?
IELTS Writing Task 1: Essential Preparation Tips
- write an academic report on a chart of graph (see below for all types of task 1)
- write over 150 words (the examiner will count your words and there will be a penalty for being under the word count)
- write your report in 20 mins (don’t take more time because task 2 is worth double the marks)
Which tense is used in writing Task 1?