How do you compare short stories?
- 1 Compare Plots. You can discuss the plot, which is what happens in each story.
- 2 Examine Characters. Another option is to compare the main characters.
- 3 Consider Point of View. You can also compare the point of view the writers use to tell their stories.
- 4 Evaluate Writing Styles.
What is the main purpose for comparison and contrast?
A compare-and-contrast essay analyzes two subjects by either comparing them, contrasting them, or both. The purpose of writing a comparison or contrast essay is not to state the obvious but rather to illuminate subtle differences or unexpected similarities between two subjects.
What is the differences between poetry and short story?
What is the difference between a poem and a short story? A poem is written in lines while the short story is mainly based on lines of sentences. A short story is written observing grammatical rules while poems are written with the grammatical rules been foregrounded.
How do you compare and contrast two short stories?
3 keys to a compare-contrast essay
- Explain precisely what you are comparing, defining terms as necessary.
- Narrow your focus; be specific about what you are and are not comparing or contrasting.
- Keep the comparison or contrast alive throughout the essay.
Which words can best help you compare two stories?
like, similar to, also, unlike, similarly, in the same way, likewise, again, compared to, in contrast, in like manner, contrasted with, on the contrary, however, although, yet, even though, still, but, nevertheless, conversely, at the same time, regardless, despite, while, on the one hand … on the other hand.
How will you compare and contrast a short story and a novel?
The obvious difference between a novel and a short story is that short stories are short and novels are long. Short stories can be 1,000 to 20,000 words. A novel can be anywhere from 60,000 to over 120,000. A short story has one main character and the story is told through that character’s point of view.