How do you present a discussion paper?
Structure and Writing Style
- Do not be verbose or repetitive.
- Be concise and make your points clearly.
- Avoid using jargon.
- Follow a logical stream of thought.
- Use the present verb tense, especially for established facts; however, refer to specific works and references in the past tense.
How do you end a discussion paper?
How to conclude an essay:
- Restate the thesis by making the same point with other words (paraphrase).
- Review your supporting ideas.
- For that, summarize all arguments by paraphrasing how you proved the thesis.
- Connect back to the essay hook and relate your closing statement to the opening one.
What is writing a discussion post?
What is a Discussion Post? In an online class, discussion posts are the main way students and professors interact with the course’s ideas and lessons. The best discussion posts demonstrate an understanding of the course material and present a cohesive argument with evidence to back it up.
What is a discussion paper?
a document that puts forward some ideas or opinions that might form the basis of a discussion of a particular topic.
How do you start a discussion paper?
You start with the introduction and your thoughts on the importance of the issue, address the opposition and refute it point by point, use one thesis statement as your opinion, then write arguments proving that you’re right, and finish with a conclusion.
How long should a discussion paper be?
Generally the length of the ‘Discussion ‘ section should not exceed the sum of other sections (ıntroduction, material and methods, and results), and it should be completed within 6–7 paragraphs.. Each paragraph should not contain more than 200 words, and hence words should be counted repeteadly.
When you write what is the difference between writing a paper and writing a discussion post What is the difference between writing an initial discussion post and a response to one of your classmates?
292) It matters not why you are writing but that you are doing it to the best of your ability. The difference between writing an initial discussion post and a response to one of your classmates is the initial discussion post is your point of view. One that should incite response from fellow classmates.
What makes a good discussion post?
Good discussion threads should be substantial but concise: convey only the information that is most meaningful and accessible to your classmates. Make sure to always re-read your response! A good habit is to copy and paste your thread into a Word document prior to posing to check for errors in spelling and grammar.