How do you write more words in a story?
5 Ideas to Lengthen Word Count in Too-Short Novels
- Brainstorm Additional Plot Beats. List all your current plot threads, and then explore ways to expand upon them.
- Deepen Connections Between Characters.
- Add Characters.
- Emphasize Important Character Traits.
- Dramatize Summaries.
How do you introduce a funnel method?
The funnel technique to writing the introduction begins with generalities and gradually narrows your focus until you present your thesis. A good introduction engages people’s emotions or logic, questions or explains the subject, or provides a striking image or quotation.
How do you introduce a funnel?
- Begin with a HOOK to catch the reader’s attention.
- Mention your Roman numerals (points supporting your THESIS)
- The very last sentence is your THESIS.
- Begin with a transition and restate THESIS.
- Briefly summarize the content of the body (Roman numerals) of your paper.
- Refer back to your HOOK, a broad, general idea.
How do you expand your ideas in writing?
- Ways to Expand (& Improve) an Essay.
- Expand individual paragraphs.
- Ask how and why questions.
- Add (more) concrete examples and evidence.
- Expand the introduction and/or conclusion.
- Add a sentence or two at the end of each paragraph summarizing (and/or refuting) the.
- Write new paragraphs.
How do you develop a story?
Here are 10 steps to ensure that the final draft of your book has a winning, memorable plot:
- Step 1: Study effective examples of plot development.
- Step 2: Use a plotting process that will shape your story.
- Step 3: Create a timeline of your novel’s plot events.
- Step 4: Make characters develop in intriguing ways.
What does the idiom safe and sound means?
The phrase “safe and sound” is usually used when we talk about the end of a trip: e.g., We arrived home safe and sound. In the phrase “safe and sound” sound is an adjective and it means: “healthy, in good condition, free from injury, no damage, no accidents.” The adjective ‘sound’ also has other similar uses: 1.
What is a funnel shaped introduction?
In a way, the information is funnelled to the thesis statement. In a funnel introduction, the opening statement is general, then supporting statements make less general points and lead to the specific topic that is stated in the thesis statement.
How do you expand an introduction?
Use a stat or fact to convey importance.
- Keep your first sentence short.
- Say something unusual.
- Don’t repeat the title.
- Keep the introduction brief.
- Use the word “you” at least once.
- Dedicate 1-2 sentences to articulating what the article covers.
- Dedicate 1-2 sentences to explaining why the article is important.
What is a reverse funnel in writing?
b. c. How to write a conclusion: The Reverse Funnel. When writing a conclusion, picture an upside down funnel. Begin with your thesis statement (in different words than your introduction) and then continue with more broad statements.
What is the funnel approach?
FUNNEL APPROACH A counseling technique, using open-ended questions in the early stages of counseling, to collect information, orient the individual, married couple, or family, and to establish communication.
How do you write a funnel conclusion?
Formula for Funnel Conclusion
- Restate your thesis (write your thesis using different words).
- Give your opinion on the topic or write something that you mentioned in your introduction.
- End with a prediction or a suggestion about the topic of the essay.
How do you say I believe in another way?
I believe that you are innocent….Ways to Say I THINK.
|In my opinion…||I believe…|
|The way I see things is that…||I honestly believe that…|
|As I see it…||To my way of thinking…|
|It seems to me that…||I feel…|
What is a turnabout hook?
You must tell the reader what you are writing about! Hooking the reader is the most important in a narrative. A turnabout starts with the opposite idea and then turns to the focus.
How do you broaden a topic?
Another strategy is to broaden your topic by changing or removing limits from your topic: Who – population or group (e.g., instead of college students, choose a broader section of the population)
How do I find the plot of a story?
Here are five easy ways to find a plot:
- Give a classic a cool twist. The classics can give you a great ‘template’ for a modern novel.
- Kill someone in chapter one. Nothing sparks a plot like a character dying in the opening scenes.
- Start with setting.
- Mine your own life.
- Make anti-plot work for you.