Is there anything to do in Charleston West Virginia?
The capital of West Virginia, Charleston is a beautiful riverfront city that offers many great things to see and do. Plan a weekend trip and see the historic State Capitol, shop at the outdoor Capitol Market, and spend an afternoon at the Clay Center for the Arts and Sciences.
What is good in Charleston WV?
12 Top-Rated Attractions & Things to Do in Charleston, WV
- State Capitol. State Capitol | Photo Copyright: Meagan Drillinger.
- West Virginia State Museum.
- Clay Center for the Arts and Sciences.
- Capitol Street and Capitol Market.
- West Virginia Veterans Memorial.
- East End Historic District.
- Governor’s Mansion.
- Kanawha State Forest.
Is Charleston West Virginia nice?
Charleston is in Kanawha County and is one of the best places to live in West Virginia. Living in Charleston offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. Many young professionals live in Charleston and residents tend to lean conservative. The public schools in Charleston are above average.
What food is Charleston WV known for?
Beans and Cornbread. People eat beans and cornbread across the U.S. south, but the dish is still traditional for West Virginia, and you should eat it when you are in Charleston.
What is the prettiest place in WV?
The top 5 most photogenic vistas in WV
- Lindy Point, Blackwater Falls State Park.
- Spruce Knob, Seneca Rocks National Recreation Area.
- Ravens Rock Overlook, Coopers Rock State Forest.
- Rohrbaugh Plains Overlook, Dolly Sods Wilderness.
- Long Point Trail, New River Gorge.
Is downtown Charleston WV safe?
Charleston is a small city and pretty safe. The areas you would want to avoid don’t have motels. Nice hotels downtown, but not budget friendly (Marriott, Embassy Suites).
What kind of people live in Charleston West Virginia?
Charleston Demographics White: 77.91% Black or African American: 15.72% Two or more races: 3.71% Asian: 2.11%
What are three things West Virginia is famous for?
But West Virginia is also known for its Civil War history, grand resorts and architectural feats, so set out and explore.
- Scenery and History at Harpers Ferry.
- An 18th-Century Resort, The Greenbrier.
- Mountains and Outdoor Recreation.
- The Record-Breaking New River Gorge Bridge.
What are fun things to do in Charleston?
Fitler Club Artists in Residence 2.0,Philadelphia.
What are the best places to visit in West Virginia?
Harpers Ferry. Harpers Ferry is one of the most beautiful small towns in West Virginia.
What are the best neighborhoods in Charleston WV?
City Center/Historic District. Extending up from the Kanawha River along Capitol Street is the center of Charleston and the historic district.
What hotels are in Charleston West Virginia?
Pies&Pints – Charleston,WV