What are the three basic elements of citation?
The type of source you use, and the citation style will require more detail, but here are some basic parts in a citation, including author, title, and publication information.
What do you put in a works cited page?
Components of Works Cited Entries
- Author. Author(s) and/or editor(s).
- Title of source. Book Title: And Subtitle if Included.
- Title of container, Book Title,
- Other contributors, Other contributors (if applicable),
- Version, Edition (if applicable),
- Number, Volume (if applicable),
- Publication date,
What should work cited page look like?
Format of the Works Cited page The layout is similar to the rest of an MLA format paper: Title the page Works Cited, centred and in plain text (no italics, bold or underline). Alphabetize the entries by the author’s last name. Include a header with your last name and the page number in the top right corner.
How do you list a works cited page?
The Works Cited list appears at the end of the paper on a separate page (or pages, if necessary). Put the title, “Works Cited”, at the beginning of the list. Lists the citations for all of the cited sources in alphabetical order according to the last name of the author.
What are the elements of a reference list?
Reference list entries include the four elements of the author, date, title, and source.
What is the proper sequence of an APA formatted citation?
Order: Entries should be arranged in alphabetical order by authors’ last names. Sources without authors are arranged alphabetically by title within the same list. The references are arranged alphabetically, by the last name of the first author or, if author is not available – by title.
How do you set up an APA format paper?
How to Set up an APA Paper
- Set the margins of your paper to be 1 inch on all sides (go to Margins under Page Layout)
- Use the font: Times New Roman.
- The font size should be 12 point.
- Make sure your paper is double-spaced and that the Before and After boxes both read 0 (go to Paragraph and then look under Spacing.)