What does it mean by heightened?
1a : to increase the amount or degree of : augment. b : to make brighter or more intense : deepen. c : to bring out more strongly : point up.
What does heightened mean in a sentence?
to increase or make something increase, especially an emotion or effect: The strong police presence only heightened the tension among the crowd.
How do you use heighten in a sentence?
Heighten in a Sentence 🔉
- The short model uses really tall heels to heighten herself for the runway.
- In areas where flooding is common, many homeowners heighten their houses several inches using stilts or platforms.
- Police asks all Chicago residents to heighten their awareness since a serial killer is on the loose. 🔉
Is Heighted a correct word?
Correct spellings for HEIGHTED heated The heated soap-stone wrapped up at their feet, the warm buffalo robes under and over them, their thick overcoats and fur caps alike proved inadequate. height The satisfaction of my faithful lieutenant was at its height when we started for home.
What does it mean to have heightened awareness?
to strengthen, deepen, or intensify: to heighten the plot of a story; to heighten one’s awareness or appreciation; to heighten one’s suffering. to bring out the …
What does heightened awareness mean?
What is the synonym of elevated?
raised, upraised, uplifted, lifted up, high up, aloft, aerial, overhead, hoisted. 2’he told the story with the elevated language of an old Roman’ lofty, exalted, high, grand, fine, sublime. inflated, pompous, bombastic, orotund.
Can heightened be used as a verb?
HEIGHTEN (verb) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary.
What is the mean of high?
1a : rising or extending upward a great distance : taller than average, usual, or expected a high wall a high fly ball. b : having a specified height or elevation : tall six feet high —often used in combination sky-highwaist-high.
What heightened emotions?
If something heightens a feeling or if the feeling heightens, the feeling increases in degree or intensity.
How do you find heightened awareness?
5 Ways to Become More Self-Aware
- Meditate. Yes, meditate.
- Write down your key plans and priorities. One of the best ways to increase self-awareness is to write down what you want to do and track your progress.
- Take psychometric tests.
- Ask trusted friends.
- Get regular feedback at work.