What does litany mean in English?
1 : a prayer consisting of a series of invocations and supplications by the leader with alternate responses by the congregation the Litany of the Saints. 2a : a resonant or repetitive chant a litany of cheering phrases— Herman Wouk.
What is ordered list?
An ordered list typically is a numbered list of items. HTML 3.0 gives you the ability to control the sequence number – to continue where the previous list left off, or to start at a particular number.
What is the description of list format?
Arranged in Parallel Form. The items in a list are usually arranged in parallel form and separated by commas (or semicolons if the items themselves contain commas). In business writing and technical writing, lists are commonly arranged vertically, with each item preceded by a number or a bullet.
Can a list be a sentence?
Above, no end punctuation has been used, because the items are not complete sentences. If your list items are simple noun phrases or sentence fragments, do not use end punctuation — no periods, no commas, no semicolons.
What is a long list called?
Noun. Extensive list. catalogUS. catalogueUK.
WHO ARE A list celebrities 2020?
- Kylie Jenner. $590M. PHOTO: Gregg DeGuire/FilmMagic/Getty Images.
- Kanye West. $170M. PHOTO: Jamel Toppin/The Forbes Collection.
- Roger Federer. $106.3M. PHOTO: Jason Heidrich/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images.
- Cristiano Ronaldo. $105M.
- Lionel Messi. $104M.
- Tyler Perry. $97M.
- Neymar. $95.5M.
- Howard Stern. $90M.
What are the types of list?
There are three list types in HTML:
- unordered list — used to group a set of related items in no particular order.
- ordered list — used to group a set of related items in a specific order.
- description list — used to display name/value pairs such as terms and definitions.
What defines a list?
: a list or group of individuals of the highest level of society, excellence, or eminence. Other Words from A-list Synonyms Learn More about A-list.
What is the another name of menu?
What is another word for menu?
|spread||bill of fare|
|set menu||specials board|
How many things can you list in a sentence?
1 Answer. There is no limit to the number of things you can list in a single sentence in English, or in French, or in Belorussian, or in Japanese, or in Arabic, or in Nahuatl, or in Malayalam, or indeed in any language, dialect, idiolect, slang or jargon, natural or constructed, living or dead.
Why are lists used in writing?
Lists are useful because they emphasize selected information in regular text. When you see a list of three or four items strung out vertically on the page rather than in normal paragraph format, you naturally notice it more and are likely to pay more attention to it. Certain types of lists also make for easier reading.
What is another name for list?
What is another word for list?
How many elements are in a list?
What are list methods?
What is a list and what is a list method?
- append() and extend() The append() method allows you to add another item to the end of your list.
- pop() and remove() The pop() method allows you to remove an element from your list at a specified index value.
- sort() and reverse()
What is another word for long?
What is another word for long?
Can a list be one item?
A list can have only one item, or even no items. However, you’re doing more than just typing in some text into your document: you’re creating something that people need to read and understand.
How many items are in a list?
The key word in the definition is “series,” which implies a relationship and/or sequence, as in items on a grocery list, or invitees toa party, or kinds of clouds, etc. Two related items, or two sequential items/numerals on a sheet of paper or a smartphone reminder app would, therefore, be a list.
What is bulleted list?
A bulleted list is an unordered list of items where every item has a graphical bullet. The bullets may be characters of different fonts, as well as graphical icons. Bulleted lists help the author structure the text in a better way – provide a list of application components, list of usage scenarios, etc.
How do you use litany in a sentence?
Litany in a Sentence 🔉
- The landlord was tired of listening to his tenant’s litany of complaints about the property.
- When I listened to my mother’s litany of criticisms about the nursing home staff, I was shocked by some of her accusations.
- The criminal’s litany of crimes filled a huge folder in the prosecutor’s office.