What is expansion of ideas?
According to Bain “To expand an idea into a paragraph implies a sustained purpose and forbids digressions and irrelevant matter”. Expansion means amplification or enlargement for a proverb, a maxim, an epigram, or a statement.
What is expansion sentence?
Sentence expanding is the process of adding one or more words, phrases, or clauses to the main clause (or independent clause) to do just that: expand your sentences.
How do you expand ideas?
10 ways to expand your creative possibilities: The Free Thinking Method
- Open your mind: Consider your first reaction when faced with a new idea.
- PIBs: Build and refine ideas with a simple process.
- Absurdity reigns: If it makes you laugh, pursue it further.
What is a roadmap sentence?
Roadmapping. When you “roadmap” an essay, you track its argument from the beginning of the essay to the end, paragraph by paragraph, in order to produce a condensed version of that argument.
What app do I use to write a letter on my Mac?
The Best Writing Apps for Mac
- Microsoft Word 2016 – For Use on Your Mac.
- Google Docs – Accessible With Your Mac.
- Apple Pages – Mac Word Processor App.
- Writer – Free Word Processor for Mac.
- Ulysses – Pro Writing Software for Mac.
- Byword – Simple Mac Writing Software.
- iA Writer – Minimalist Writing App for Mac.
What is a good sentence for expansion?
Expansion sentence example. Six years later began the rapid expansion of Russia in Central Asia, and at the end xxiii. The expansion of trade was due to the establishment of a boat route directly to the island.
What is the example of expansion?
Table shows some examples of expansion. Railway tracks consist of two parallel metal rails joined together. Small gaps, called expansion gaps, are deliberately left between the rails as there is an expansion of the rails in hot weather. Water expands on heating.
How do you use path in a sentence?
- [S] [T] Just stay on this path. (
- [S] [T] I think the other path is safer. (
- [S] [T] We hacked a path through the forest. (
- [S] [T] The path zigzagged up the steep slope. (
- [S] [T] Tom saw a snake slither across the path. (
- [S] [T] Tom walked down the path, whistling a happy tune. (
Is there an app to write books?
LivingWriter is a new writing app for writing stories or a book. It’s a great choice for short stories and novels. LivingWriting now includes apps for Android and iOS and a new offline desktop mode.
How do you expand the plot of a story?
Expand Your Work
- Add a relevant sub-plot: one that sheds light on the themes, heightens the tension in the main plot, or reveals crucial information about the characters.
- Include the next part of the story: take it further in the character’s lives (perhaps what you think is a finished novel is just part one).
What is expansion writing?
Expansion is when a writer adds more specific details, explores the effects of certain premises, or provides context to particular situations in order to create a rounder world for the reader. Expansion can extend the length of your piece by a few paragraphs—or a few hundred pages.
Is writer a noun?
noun. a person engaged in writing books, articles, stories, etc., especially as an occupation or profession; an author or journalist. a clerk, scribe, or the like. a person who writes or is able to write: a writer in script.