Who did Mr M Hamel?
Hamel and Franz are the main characters of the chapter. M. Hamel is the French teacher in the school where Franz studied. He was a guy of good nature and had a great respect for his mother tongue.
How do you describe a character in a story?
10 Tips for Writing Physical Descriptions of Your Characters
- You don’t always have to be specific.
- Use figurative language.
- Describe facial expressions.
- Make the descriptions match the tone.
- Scatter physical descriptions throughout the prose.
- Describe actions that reveal physical characteristics.
- A first person narrator can give biased opinions about appearances.
What kind of teacher is Mr Hamel?
Answer. M. Hamel had been a devoted French teacher for 40 years. He was a strict disciplinarian and his students were terrified of him and his ‘great ruler’.
How do you outline a character analysis?
To write a character analysis, you need to write an essay outlining the following: the character’s name, personal information, hobbies/interests, personality, role in the book, relationships with other characters, major conflicts, and overall change throughout the course of the story.
What do you mean by character sketch?
: a sketch devoted to an analysis or representation of a character especially of peculiar, eccentric, or strongly marked individuality or to a description stressing the character of a place.
How do you teach character traits?
HERE ARE A FEW TIPS TO USE WHEN TEACHING CHARACTER TRAITS:
- Define and Discuss Character Traits.
- Introduce Strategies for Identifying Character Traits.
- Provide Opportunities to Enhance Character Trait Vocabulary.
- Incorporate Picture Books.
- Provide Them with Higher Order Thinking Questions.
What is the character sketch of lomov?
Ivan Vassiliyitch Lomov is a prententious, proud, self-serving, argumentative, impetuous, hysterical hypochondriac. A wealthy landowner, he comes to his neighbor with the overt intentions of marriage, but he really wishes to expand his own land boundaries.
Who was Mr M Hamel in the last lesson?
M. Hamel was a teacher who had been teaching the French for the last 40 years. In his last lesson, he told that from the next day the students would be learning the German from a new teacher. They won’t be learning their own most beautiful, clearest and the logical language which is quite foreign to them.
How do you introduce characters?
How to Introduce Characters in Your Writing
- Don’t get bogged down in physical appearance.
- Give your character a memorable character trait.
- Start with backstory when appropriate.
- Introduce a character through action.
- Introduce the main character as soon as possible.
Who is M Hamel?
M Hamel was a French Teacher in a school of Alsace. He was sad because after Prussia’s win over France in the French – Prussian war, orders were given to replace French with German in the schools of Alsace and Lorreins.
How long should a character sketch be?
How many pages is needed for a character sketch? The most important part of the sketch is that it gives you a good idea of the character. If five pages of text is what you think you need, that’s fine, but if you feel comfortable with only a couple of lines, then there’s no reason to stretch it out.
How do you write a comparative essay outline?
Writing a comparative essay
- Read the topic carefully. Make sure that you understand exactly what the topic is asking you to do.
- Give roughly equal weight to each text.
- Choose your preferred structure.
- Focus on differences as well as similarities.
- Use linking words and phrases.
- Explore a range of elements.
What is the character sketch of M Hamel?
Answer Expert Verified He was an honest teacher. He did not blame his students alone for poor learning. He also held himself responsible for the same. He was very patriotic as he appealed to his countrymen to hold fast to their mother tongue to be free from the Prussians.
Why did M Hamel look so tall?
“look so tall” is a phrase which means sad. M. Hamel was a teacher of French language. It was his last French lesson to teach in the school where he was teaching for 40 years as the order had come from Berlin to teach only German in the schools of Alsace and Lorraine.